SUMMARY: The Forecast / Demand Planning Analyst – Level 2 for the Away-From-Home and Consumer Direct Channels is responsible for coordination, compilation and evaluation of a highly accurate baseline volume forecast at a Sales Channel, Customer-level and Package Category/SKU level using historical trends, secondary data sources and field information. The analyst will be responsible for tracking performance, evaluating risks and opportunities and driving continual improvements in performance. This position serves as a liaison between key stakeholders in sales, marketing, operations and finance to manage input to the system in order to arrive at the most accurate demand requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Compile and evaluate a market-based and event-driven forecast for in-line products, new products, business development and market assessment
- Partner with internal customers such as product marketing, finance, brand management,
- sales and customer marketing to collaborate on a forecast recommendation
- Utilize available sources of customer data available for forecasting and supply chain management to effectively mine and summarize data for interpretation.
- Understand how sales trends, promotional activity and shipment patterns will affect demand and make appropriate adjustments to forecasts
- Work with Finance to providing supporting data required to translate rolling forecast into financial models
- Calculate and track forecast accuracy with emphasis on new items.
- Manage and track key forecasting metrics
- Back up forecasting manager as needed (may include leading forecasting meetings and/or providing data to senior management as requested)
- Support model creation for annual volume budget process as needed
- Provides system and process training to other key members in organization
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Statistics, Accounting, Mathematics or similar analytical degree.
- 4 - 6 years of experience performing sales, forecasting or marketing analysis in the consumer products industry
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong deductive reasoning, statistical analysis, mathematical and communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Access) including ability to utilize pivot tables, V-lookups, filters, and summarize data graphically
- Demantra or similar demand-planning soft experience preferred
- Cognos Analysis Studio experience desired
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable learning and working with a variety of technology tools (ERP systems, Trade and Demand management systems, Reporting and ad-hoc data retrieval tools)
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
For General Office:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 3 years ago - save job