Ability to run major project, supervise a site staff if required, and train Project Assistant. Develop new business opportunities relative to a particular project. Solar experience is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Plan and organize a project.
- Effectively supervise a staff in the day to day administration of a job, or supervise two or more Project managers in their daily tasks.
- Train and effectively supervise Project Managers in the company philosophy and systems
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project. Negotiate all change orders on the project
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Train and effectively supervise a Project Assistant in the maintenance of project required tracking devices.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Supervise the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client. Negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion.
- Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of a Senior PM or Division Manager.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the on-site Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule and within budgets.
- Review any documentation prepared by Assistant Project Manager before submission to others.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
· Solar experience is required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience.
· Minimum ten years’ experience, with proven track record.
· Must be a business-oriented person and have the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
· Computer literate, especially in company estimating program and spreadsheet program.
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be committed to working in a team atmosphere.
· Responsible for careful observance of policies and objectives.
This position reports to the Division Manager. This person makes significant independent judgments, decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
Rosendin Electric, Inc., headquartered in San Jose, California, is a 100% employee-owned electrical engineering, power and communications provider and is the largest privately held electrical contractor in the United States. With branch offices in San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Sacramento, CA; Tempe, AZ; Hillsboro, OR; Las Vegas, NV; and Sterling, VA, and KST Electric in Texas. Rosendin Electric has over 2,500 employees and have built upon a 90-year reputation for quality installations nationally.
Rosendin Electric offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K with employer matching up to $2,000 per year, PTO (Paid Time Off) starting at 17 days per year and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rosendin Electric, Inc. is interested in having minorities and females join the staff. Anyone knowing of interested applicants please have them send their resume and/or application to the address listed below.
Human Resources Department
Jan 28, 2013
- n/a -
- n/a -
ConstructionJobs.com - 13 months ago