Title: Jr. Windows System Administrator, Server Background
Location: FL: FLORIDA-PENSACOLA
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with DHS policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level of data refresh strategies.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- Experience with the following products and services: Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, DoubleTake, SQL Server 2007, SharePoint 2003, Altiris
- Experience with Remedy or Altiris Help Desk ticketing systems
- Experience with working in a Desktop support role
- Experience with DISA STIGs or DHS Baseline Configurations
- IAM or IAT certified
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 4 years ago - save job
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...