Dimension & Scope:
Assists HR management with Employee Relations as an internal resource on Human Resource policies; procedures; employee relations; turnover; and other HR related issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Professional Certifications:
- Assist with the development, administration, support, and management of employee relations functions.
- Support, consult, and guide management at all levels of the organization on employee relation issues.
- Provide input and solutions for solving specific team concerns.
- Assist in the mediation between opposing views of personalities.
- Understand current state of Management Development functions and propose new strategies to improve processes when necessary.
- Assist in Human Resources related training at all levels of management as needed, including preventative training to ensure policy adherence and damage control.
- Assist in the creation of materials that update and inform management on pertinent work force issues and concerns.
- Review exit interviews and summarize data for management review.
- Monitor and report on employee morale by proactively addressing employee relations and potential legal issues with management's cooperation.
- Assist with interpreting policies, regulations, and programs in a manner conducive to company goals.
- Assist in community events and programs such as United Way, Blood Drives, etc.
- Coordinate, schedule, and promote programming efforts for specialized needs of division and departments.
- Coordinate employee recognition initiatives (e.g., P.Com, employee engagement, etc.) in addition to assisting with community events.
- Research some complex employee issues, and if necessary, coordinate efforts through Human Resources and/or Legal.
- Responsible for day-to-day functional supervision of non-exempt work group, including work assignment and attendance monitoring; providing input into selecting, training, developing, and completing performance appraisal of work group(s) in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and rapidly changing business environment.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of local employment, wage and hour laws, family and medical leave, equal employment opportunity (e.g., FMLA, EE0).
- Ability to motivate people in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in managing functional groups is desirable.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Convergys - 18 months ago
Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together...