Express (NYSE: EXPR) is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates more than 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States , Puerto Rico , Canada and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com .
The successful candidate will be recognized as a technical expert within the department and organization in a specific engineering discipline and will have the ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. The candidate may be engaged as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology designs, implementations, and support opportunities.
This position designs and implements business solutions and develops relationships with vendors, business partners and cross functional partners in IT. This position also requires strong organizational, technical and communication skills. The ideal candidate possesses Linux/UNIX/VMware engineering experience in a multi-site enterprise environment with a complex server and network infrastructure with an emphasis on performance and availability. The successful candidate must have a documented history of ensuring infrastructure systems availability, performance, security and cost effective systems management.
Linux Systems Maintenance & Operability
Recommend and execute Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades, and performance tuning of multiple environments while leveraging vendor relationships and expertise as required. Deliver operational and administrative mentorship to IT Systems Administrators in support of critical production systems.
Support daily operations related to the Linux server environments such as capacity management, performance monitoring and reporting, provisioning, and network systems connectivity. Ability to provide after hours (on-call) support, and maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
Linux Architecture & Design
Provide Linux server design, implementation, and support recommendations to information technology partners and IT leadership with an emphasis on data security, availability, integrity, and optimal performance.
Deliver operational support related to the hosts attached to the respective storage systems, including but not limited to servers and clusters running Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX/vSphere, IBM iSeries, and HP-UX.
Risk & Compliance
Ability to consistently adhere to change and incident management policies when implementing system changes and addressing problem resolution.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent 7+ years of Linux IT support/administration experience with an emphasis on open source technologies.
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities):
- Experience administering complex network environments and virtualization in an enterprise environment with multiple locations which provide High Availability.
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
- Experience architecting solutions which meet High Availability requirements for 24x7 business operations.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Experience adhering to change and incident management policies in an enterprise environment.
- Experience leading technical efforts and coordinate both project and operational activities.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- End-to-end responsibility for all Linux and UNIX based operating system and server platforms related f unctions.
- Evaluates new technologies and develops departmental standard practices to insure SOX and PCI compliance.
- Identifies or reacts to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of Linux environments.
- Design, implementation and operation of all Linux Server Infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive support for design, implementation, and 3rd level support of all Linux systems and its associated infrastructure.
- Document all operational processes and procedures to manage all aspects of the deployed systems.
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures.
- Establish the appropriate environment and project life cycle for Development, Testing, and Deployment.
- Create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure.
- Recommend changes and improvements to the current environment.
- Work closely with Development and Operations to ensure production readiness of the applications and the appropriate support are in place.
- Experience with VMware vSphere environments using EMC and NetApp storage via Fiber Channel and NFS.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHSA) with multi-year enterprise management experience.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) with multi-year enterprise management support experience.
An equal opportunity employer, Express, LLC does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express, LLC only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
- Ability to deliver technical and administrative support partnership to IT Systems and Applications Administrators in the IT department.
- Strong understanding of software architectures, lifecycle tactic, and system development.
- Strong understanding of networking and IP address management is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Needs to have an excellent understanding and experience of server and client side architectures and systems design.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with the ability to fit right into an existing environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to prepare, present, and maintain technical documentation when necessary.
- Extensive troubleshooting and performance monitoring skills.
- Knowledge of Application Servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere and Apache
- Application load balancing and recovery mechanisms a plus.
- Experience supporting Oracle-based SAP deployments.
- vSphere, View, SRM, vCloud Director, Orchestrator experience a plus.
Express - 21 months ago