The Purchasing Manager coordinates the purchase, allocation, and shipments of parts and materials necessary to meet specified production schedules managing a team in these efforts.
- Responsible for the work product and professional development of a Purchasing Clerk and a Shipping & receiving Clerk.
- Solicits quotes for purchases of materials, services and parts, considering the grade, quality, price, and required dates to ensure that product requirements and customer shipment dates are achieved.
- Negotiates prices, discount terms, and stocking agreements with suppliers, to achieve the highest quality parts and materials at the most cost-effective price
- Monitors the purchasing history and market trends of products and materials to assess future availability
- Authorizes invoice payments of parts and materials and reconciles discrepancies between invoices and actual shipment amounts
- Assists suppliers, Engineers and Project Managers in the selection and development of cost effective processes and materials
- Acquires product specifications and requirements established by the customer from engineering personnel, to ensure all parts and materials purchased will conform to manufacturing and customer requirements.
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for parts and materials in a manner reflects federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Reviews purchase orders of other Buyers or Program Coordinators as assigned to ensure the quality clauses, product specifications, and customer requirements are properly identified and are in conformance to customer expectations
- Creates, tracks, and allocates materials to work orders where necessary to facilitate information flow in the system as well as collect the necessary raw material costs when drop shipping from raw material supplier to outside processing suppliers.
- Bachelors Degree in a business or financial discipline
- 5+ years of plant-level purchasing or materials management experience.
- Understanding of general contracts, purchasing principles, and policies.
- Ability to excel in a high visibility position.
- Proficient in Oracle database and all Microsoft Applications
- A proven high-level mathematical, problem-solving and critical thinker.
Phillips Service Industries, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Established in 1967, Phillips Service Industries, Inc. (PSI) is a privately-held global manufacturing and services holding company, which...