**This position is covered by the Teamster Union. Union/Fair share deductions may be made.**
- A minimum of 3 years of applicable custodial work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to shovel snow and perform project work such as carpet extraction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in custodial work.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated experience using standard custodial equipment, mixing chemicals safely and an understanding of safe custodial practices.
- A work record clean of disciplinary actions that demonstrates strong performance and positive leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Some assignments may require a valid driver's license.
This position is covered by the Teamster Union. Union/Fair share deductions may be made.
Description of Position:
This position performs custodial work and serves as a lead worker for B&G Workers, whose primary purpose is to provide quality cleaning services to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus. This position may serve as a lead worker for a project team, a lead worker for a general cleaning team, or act as a member of the cleaning crew with lead duties. This is not a supervisory role.
- Acts as lead worker for Building and Grounds workers in the performance of custodial duties on University campus.
- Assists and may provide work direction to Building and Grounds workers in the use of custodial tools, equipment techniques and cleaning procedures.
- Trains B&G workers with time card and work order processing.
- Confers with administrative and custodial supervisors for planning set ups for classrooms and special events.
- In coordination with supervisors, gives assignments and work instructions to B&G workers.
- In coordination with supervisors, adjusts work assignments as required due to employee absences, vacant positions, or other interruptions.
- Provides training.
- Instructs and assists B&G workers in cleaning procedures, techniques, and in the use of new methods and products.
- Leads B&G Workers to accomplish non-routine and routine cleaning and with special projects.
- Responsible for general custodial duties as assigned.
- Assists with daily maintenance and storage of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for crew or squad equipment set up at shift start, and proper storage of all assigned crew equipment at end of shift.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of supplies and equipment of assigned crew or squad.
- Responsible for leading and conducting project work.
- Evaluates quality and quantity of daily work completed and communicates results to the supervisor.
- Disseminates information from supervisor to custodial group.
- Other duties as assigned.
Facilities Management is responsible for all grounds, buildings and the energy management needs of the Twin Cities campuses of the University of Minnesota. Facilities Management (FM) works to ensure a quality environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors in support of the University's mission of teaching, research and outreach. FM's responsibilities include over 23 million square feet in more than 250 buildings across 900 acres in the Twin Cities, and support services for the Duluth, Morris, and Crookston campuses.
Vision, Mission and Purpose:
Vision ? To become world class in delivering Customer focused and Cost-effective service while promoting a Culture of accountability.
Mission ? To provide a safe, functional, clean, and welcoming campus.
Goal/Purpose ? Responsible for the physical assets of the University to ensure a quality environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors in support of the University's mission of teaching, research and outreach.
Please apply online via the Employment System: http://employment.umn.edu
Does this position require a background check?