Computer Security Systems Engineer in the J3 at United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), at Offutt AFB, NE. Position provides on-site Security Access Program (SAP) security support providing immediate enhancements to Command personnel, physical, communications, information, and computer security programs. Candidate will provide assistance in the preparation of security clearance paperwork and packages to facilitate TS investigations and adjudications for Special Access Program (SAP) nominations, first tier reviews and submitting Program Access Requests for personnel. This position also will be responsible for document control, Focal Point/Alternate Compensatory Control Measures, and the Reserve Program Security.
- Possess and Maintain A+ and SECURITY+ certifications as a minimum.
- Minimum of five (5) years IT experience and possess computer technical knowledge, computer operation system administration training, understand how security programs are administered and implemented, and how thy overlap and complement each other.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience and/or knowledge of security concepts, principles, and practices to plan and implement security procedures from Department of Defense, Joint Staff, Services and national intelligence agencies including knowledge of required non-SAP security training programs to meet needs of multiple security disciplines (Personnel, Industrial, Physical, Information, etc.).
- A minimum of five (5) years of security administration related experience and be skilled in Personnel, Industrial, Physical, and Information security disciplines to meet mission requirements and improve the security program. The contractor shall also possess knowledge of security systems, practices, principles, and procedures utilized in other agencies, as well as private industry, to ensure state-of-the art security applications.
- Possess an awareness of applicable Executive Orders, Department of Defense, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), service and agency directives, regulations or instructions regarding security of facilities, communications equipment, personnel and computers.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to senior USSTRATCOM leaders, through clear, concise, and technically accurate written materials.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with civilian, military and other contractors, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- Ability to use computers, current software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite), and printers to develop, maintain, and produce various briefings, correspondence, and personnel databases for internal/external use.
- Top Secret Clearance, eligible for SCI and eligible for access to Special Access Programs (SAP) at time of contract award. Personnel must be willing to complete and must pass a counterintelligence polygraph.
- USSTRATCOM experience is desirable.