This position does not offer visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
The Programmer/Analyst develops procedures for the solution of well-defined, routine business problems. The Programmer/Analyst converts these procedures into applications and programs required for computer solutions. The Programmer/Analyst is challenged with developing program procedures to process complex systems with a high level of reliability and execution speed.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications programs
- Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic applications systems designs and specifications and utilizing standards procedures and techniques
- Assists higher-level programmers in the development of complex programs
- Work assignments at this level are aimed more at production than at training
- All work is subject to approval from higher levels
- Works on routine, well-defined, analysis-type problems related to a single activity or procedure and having some variety and or moderate difficulty
- Analyzes source and content of data
- Works on computer programs usually dealing with routine record-keeping types of operations
- Prepares programs requiring a wide variety and extensive number of internal processing actions
- Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design
- Identifies, evaluates, develops tests, implements, and maintains functionality of a broad array of programs
- Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required
- Develop analysis and design of systems and/or programs
- Generate and test program code
- Document program code
- Assist others with debugging whenever necessary
- BS or BA degree in computer science / business administration required
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience in programming language such as C, C++, java or PICK
- Minimum 1 – 2 years experience in medium scale UNIX or Linux systems such as AIX or Red Hat
- Minimum 1 – 2 years experience in programming debugging, data and system analysis
- Working knowledge of HTML, XML, EDI or Unix Shell scripting would be a plus
- Experience in Project Management
- Good written and oral communication skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 18 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...