Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: Horizon Senior High School
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 10
Hours Per Week: 40
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 15.04
Max Rate: $ 22.24
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
JOB SUMMARY: Implements, monitors, and supports the instruction of computer technology (software, hardware, networks, etc.) to secondary teachers and building staff. Assists the instructional staff with scheduling, conducting, testing, evaluating and recording technology training for students. Provides technology support to instructional personnel and building staff by evaluating, recommending, installing and maintaining hardware and software in collaboration with information systems personnel. Documents and records software licenses, file back-ups, hardware specifications, hardware locations, and work order requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Performs installation, maintenance, and support of hardware and software. Follows established procedures and IT guidelines and timelines, for building level backups, file maintenance, hardware preventative maintenance programs and system implementations.
2. Troubleshooting of and preliminary diagnosis of hardware and software problems in building. Repairs or replaces computer hardware, repairs, replaces or reinstalls damaged software. Coordinates issues and efforts with IT. Calls in IT support when situation requires higher level of technical expertise.
3. Network administrator, maintain connectivity, and maintain local area network for school. Is first responder for computer issues in school. Resolves connectivity issues with IT
4. Provides computer training and technology support to staff and teachers. May compose or help with the composing of computer or software training manuals.
5. Performs computer and specific software security for students and staff. Set up/delete user accounts; set security levels, folder permissions, set/reset passwords. Performs file maintenance. Documents and records software licenses, file back-ups, hardware specification, hardware locations, and work order requests.
6. Monitors budget for computer hardware and software, maintains computer supplies and inventory, generates computer related supply requests, assists IT and school administrators with recommendations and selection of IT related items.
7. Assists staff with other technology needs, maintain school’s web page, may coordinate and/or compile data for reports, and all other duties as assigned. May monitor and assist students while in computer lab.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of college level computer courses. Equivalent relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement.
• Minimum of 3 of experience with computer hardware/software installation and maintenance.
• Experience in an educational environment preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of business and educational hardware and software, including use, installation and maintenance.
• Intermediate knowledge of various database systems.
• Ability to train users on the functionality of software systems.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Intermediate operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, hardware, software and peripherals.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, SASI and other school based software systems.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
• May be responsible for assisting with planning, assigning and directing work of Computer Paraprofessional.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for monitoring school IT budget.
How To Apply
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -