Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Join our data networking team of highly technical professionals implementing the latest in Cisco technologies such as Nexus switches, FabricPath multipath networks, IPV6, ASA firewalls, international MPLS/BGP, VOIP, and 100Gig DWDM optical and SONET networks. This is your opportunity to come and work on a network with over 3000 network devices managed by some of the latest tools. Be a part of connecting to dozens of external networks domestic and international with VPNs and WAN speeds up to 10 gig! This position also provides Tier 3 engineering and troubleshooting for Dish’s corporate offices, call centers, service centers, and more. We are looking for that detail oriented individual who can provide advanced network engineering and consultation in the design, planning and implementation of large and highly complex IT projects.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
- Design, planning and implementation of advanced network services and configurations
- Provide technical leadership for complex project work, including system upgrades and migrations for mission-critical network devices and highly available core network systems
- Partner with external vendor and 3 rd party engineers for advance networking solutions and define engineering requirements, architecture for business critical applications
- Create implementation plans and network diagrams for internal and external network projects and recommend proactive network changes and upgrade for increased availability and performance
- Monitor, analyze, and audit required measures to ensure data network performance and security and provide hands-on implementation and integration support
- Supply leadership and technical direction to junior members of the data networking team throughout the planning and implementations processes and provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and ensure network integrity throughout project development
A successful Network Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and one plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years as a data network specialist in a medium to large enterprise network; CCIE is highly desired
- Experience with: Network Management Tools, CiscoWorks and QoS
- Experience with PCI/SOX Compliance and excellent network migration skills and complex troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated expertise with TCP/IP and routing protocols such as MPLS, BGP, and EIGRP;
- Experience with MS office and Visio for creating network designs and plans and the ability to decode and read network trace files in Wireshark or other specialized tools
DISH - 15 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...