Organization : Industrial & Transportation Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Connecticut-Meriden
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Executive Assistant for the 3M Purification Division.
Job Summary : The person hired for the position of Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting operations by handling a wide variety of administrative duties for a Vice President/General Manager or Executive Director/Vice President for the Industrial Service Group. This person will apply highly administrative and coordination skills to complete activities and will act independently on standard procedures and handle non-routine situations through interpretation of office guidelines and administrative practices. Will propose and implement solutions to administrative concerns and be extremely proactive and able to anticipate needs of Vice President and department customers. Will provide regular guidance and instruction on work procedures and policy to support personal. Will have highly developed written and oral communication skills and team/basic leadership skills. Must have strong familiarity with multiple software packages and applications and will seek supervision as needed for direction and approvals.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for the position of Executive Assistant will be located in Meriden Connecticut, and relocation is not authorized for this position. This position may include up to 10% travel.
- Prepare all written materials including correspondence, visual presentation materials (transparencies and graphics)
- Independently composes correspondence of varying complexity requiring detailed knowledge of departmental business, specialized vocabulary, and/or technical terminology. Distributes correspondence and materials as needed for meetings and presentations
- Schedules appointments for VP, briefing on items for consideration
- Coordinates on and off site meetings, presentations, and conferences, includes travel as needed, developing agenda, taking meeting notes, and processing summary of proceedings
- Travel management for the VP, department personnel including travel visas, logistics and accounting
- Screen any incoming correspondence and use judgment to route new information or to alert principal to necessary immediate action
- Performs administrative details such as database management, tracking and monitoring budgets and resolving any discrepancies, monitoring disbursements, preparing periodic reports
- Identify issues, establish priorities, and respond to support needs
- Acts independently to administer and communicate corporate policies and procedures, handling uncommon situations through interpretations of office guidelines and administrative practices
- Effectively utilizes network of appropriate contacts to resolve problems and facilitate appropriate decisions such as those regarding reorganizations, divestitures and litigation
- Responsible for communication between management and their direct reports on critical issues impacting daily business operations, communicating requests and instructions when necessary
- Serves as resource person, providing interpretation and individual application for standard departmental/divisional policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices, influencing adherence to and enforcement of policies
- Suggests and implements improvements to office and department procedures, methods, and quality goals
- Maintains highly sensitive and confidential information
- Assumes leadership for, and trains, newly hired support staff
- Administers division/corporate programs and initiates/coordinates related meetings, implements action steps, reports progress, and conducts follow-up as needed.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years experience using MS Office software In Word
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Excel,
- Minimum of 5 years experience in PowerPoint
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
- Minimum of 10 years of Administrative Assistant experience is preferred
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) is preferred
- Experience supporting a VP level employee
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Lotus Notes email, calendar, and databases
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to anticipate and problem solve independently
- Ability to work flexible work hours depending on current priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...