HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and continuously improving technology as we strive to provide the best possible patient care and serve our community.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Records Tech is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides administrative expertise to ensure all medical records are processed and documented in an efficient and accurate manner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Completing the necessary steps in medical releases.
• Organizing medical records for subpoenas.
• Completing injury reports.
• Verifying workers comp cases with employers.
• Coding workers comp encounter forms and setting up workers comp accounts in the Medic system.
• Completing appropriate forms for state Workers Comp Division.
• Coding and charging out x-ray reports.
• Assembling charts for the Occupational Med. Department.
• Completing monthly referral log.
• Demonstrating a working knowledge of computer systems used.
• Using the cross-index card system properly.
• Picking up and dropping off charts in the correct locations.
• Knowing x-ray slot locations.
•Assembling new patient charts properly.
• Filing paper correctly in patient charts.
• Locating out of file charts.
• Converting old format charts to the new format.
• Knowledge of medical record filing system and provider numbers.
• Knowledge of the legal aspects of releasing medical records.
• Knowledge of medical record release policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of workers compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Occupational Medicine policies and procedures.
• Ability to interpret patient history.
• Qualified candidate should have at least 1 solid year of Medical Records experience in a physician practice.
• Experience in a surgical setting is preferred.
• Experience with scheduling, medical terminology is required.