Position Summary: Under general supervision, has responsibility for all employees’ leaves such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), CT Maternity Leave and Hartford Hospital extended leave. Responsible for all documentation and required forms for reporting to outside sources and regulatory groups. Following established policies, procedures and regulations, answers routine questions for employees on eligibility of leaves. Reports to HR Consultant.
- Conducts weekly auditing of Kronos and leave report to ensure proper payment of employees on leave.
- Collaborates with payroll and HR Consultants to investigate and correct discrepancies.
- Receives and reviews all leave notifications from outside carrier, monitors leave management website, trains and counsels managers on use of website for proper recording time.
- Processes and monitors all FMLA cases for Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Drafts letters fro FMLA exhaustion and Hartford Hospital extended leave.
- Coordinates with HR Consultants on leave issues, denials and exhaustions.
- Communicates with managers on timely records, including ERCNs and Kronos.
High school degree or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years Human Resources experience in administrating leaves of absence required. Working knowledge of FMLA and CT maternity leave law required. Experience with Kronos time keeping system preferred. Computer literacy; effective communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Hartford Healthcare - 14 months ago