As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Provide client technology support services, including initial deployment of new desktops, laptops, servers, peripherals and software, and provide general support services for all technical areas.
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to identify and resolve issues.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Experience with desktop and application virtualization, call center support technologies, support for handheld devices (Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows), a plus
- Solid understanding of basic networking principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...