Provide Sports Authority customers with the highest level of technical service on services such as, but not limited to, equipment maintenance, ski and bike tunes, ski mounts/repairs, and racket stringing. Complete specific service requests from customers properly and safely. Protect company liability in regard to services performed. Assist on sales floor as time permits.
Primary Job Functions
Customer Service and Sales
- Service customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Suggest the appropriate services to customers and ensure the customer is educated and fully aware of all services they have requested.
- Be familiar with current pricing and rental information. Communicate missed opportunities for sales to store management.
- Address any safety issues to Risk Management or asset protection issues that may occur.
- Operate and maintain tech shop equipment.
- Ensure all necessary tools and supplies are kept in stock and safely locked in the shop.
- Document and follow all Sports Service maintenance information on shop equipment. Follow all safety procedures in the operation of shop equipment. Practice good housekeeping methods and overall cleanliness.
- Ensure all service paperwork is completed and filed.
- Attend certification classes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prerequisite skills/experience for position
- 0-1 year experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work towards certification (i.e. binding manufacturers, bike assembly)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Technical and mechanical knowledge of both ski and bike industry.
- Prior retail experience and knowledge of the sports for which these products are utilized.
Sports Authority offers an exciting workplace environment for competitive, talented individuals who are passionate about sports. As a...