Compute Services Operations Manager communicates status and issues to Executive corporate and customer leadership. Oversee Operations & Team Leads to ensure system availability meets all SLA requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compute Services Operations Manager communicates status and issues to Program, Corporate and Customer leadership. Oversee Operations & Team Leads to ensure system availability meets all SLA requirements. Mentor junior managers in leadership and senior management skills to encourage growth. Attend and support customer meetings as required. Brief and/or provide briefing materials for customer reports, Quarterly Program Management Reviews, Financial reviews, TEM's, Core Service Area meetings and ad hoc requests. Provide staffing support to multiple projects and external efforts in support of the customer.
· Provide system status to government personnel
· Provide reports daily/weekly as requested to Compute Services Chief
· Ensure all systems meet system availability Service Level Agreements
· Tight coordination with the IT/IS Mission Elements (Common Services, Transport, Content Management, Storage, Enterprise Tools/ESC) and our Government customer
· Attend daily/weekly meetings supporting Compute Services organization
· Coordinate efforts between system admins and external vendors to resolve system problems
· Support customer Configuration Management Boards to ensure all processes are followed
· Assign tasks/projects to Operations Leads
· Coordinate staff coverage and scheduling to include OT and on call requirements for ALL Server teams
· Ensure team members follow all appropriate processes and procedures
· Provide ops status to ESC management as needed *
· Attend and support customer meetings as required *
· Provide administrative support to new staff, including badges, accounts, and other items as needed
· Perform personnel actions as required
· Manage formal/informal training requests as needed
· Work daily ad hoc tasks to support the Compute Services organization
· Strong leadership skills
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years’ experience or equivalent experience. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills; be able to handle multiple tasking and be able to work in a matrixes organizational structure. Additionally, prefer the candidate be familiar with our Government customer’s organizational structure.
· Experience in Windows, UNIX, Remedy, portal applications and client server technology
· Ability to manage in a highly complex technical environment
· Strong written/verbal communications skills along with organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle multiple tasking’s
· Current IA Certification highly desired
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...