Silicon Applications Engineer
This Silicon Applications Engineer (SAE) position is in the Networking Division (ND) organization, which is part of a larger team enabling the industry's leading data center platforms. We have exciting opportunities to apply your technical knowledge to accelerate deployment of solutions based on Intel Ethernet networking intellectual property. Your responsibilities will primarily cover hardware, and include but not be limited to:
- Establishing a deep understanding of silicon IC functionality, including all details necessary to design the IC into a system product and effectively debug it
- Developing customer collaterals such as PCB design guidelines, schematic/layout checklists and application notes
- Representing customer technical needs in new product development teams; ensure customer platform and usage model are taken into consideration for new technologies
- Evaluation and enablement of peripheral components (magnetics, crystals, power delivery solutions, etc)
- Provide technical assistance to major customers for their board development and debug
- Support debug of IC functionality at the platform level, driving issues to root-cause and finding solutions for the customer
You must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus four or more years of direct related experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in high-speed data networking at the physical layer, including IEEE 802.3 specifications, electrical and protocol requirements for standard 1G/10G/40G Ethernet interfaces (XAUI, KX, KX4, KR, KR4, SFI, XFI, XLPPI, CR4, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in board or circuit design and/or development experience. For example, with demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: Schematic design using Allegro Design Entry HLD; printed circuit board layout using Allegro PCB Editor; signal integrity modeling and/or simulation using MATLAB, HSPICE and HFSS; logic design.
- 2+ years of experience in a lab environment performing debug, and using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, VNAs, logic and protocol analyzers
- Knowledge of basic signal integrity theory for PCB implementations up to 10GHz+, including layout techniques.
- Knowledge of signals & systems and DSP communication principles and practices.
- The ability to understand the relationship between software, firmware and hardware, narrow the scope of debug to the correct design block, and quickly determine the root cause of customer system issues
- Demonstrated ability to listen, understand, and respond professionally to customer questions and/or issues
- Must work independently, multitask effectively and exhibit strong influencing skills and customer orientation
- Experience working with MNC and experience creating 'customer ready' collateral and training would be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively in a global team environment and across organizational boundaries.
- Willingness to travel
Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
The Data Center and Connected Systems Group develops products spanning enterprise IT, cloud and communications service providers, technical computing and intelligent systems. The Networking Division plays a key role in enabling DCSGs vision by shaping cloud architectures, accelerating the transition of enterprise to the private cloud and optimizing the network for IA workloads.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 30+ days ago
We are game changers, plain and simple.
At Intel, we see the everyday as a bar that continually needs to be raised. Step inside our worl...