ProStep Rehab builds a culture around “Revolutionizing Post-Acute Therapy.” We take pride in assisting therapists in reaching a work/life balance coupled with professional growth. This balance is achieved through a variety of programs including career ladders, attainable productivity standards and individual career mapping. We’re looking for someone who values education, professional growth, and a fun work environment.
TITLE: Director of Rehab
I. SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for leadership and direction of the facility rehabilitation programs in clinical and operational excellence and appropriate allocation of resources. The FRC ensures that all therapy services are provided in accordance with EHSI/ ProStep ( PSRS) policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
A. Essential Functions ( But not limited to)
1. Supervisory Responsibilities
· Makes daily work assignments.
· *Directs the work of employees.
· Reassigns employees from one area to another area as facility needs dictate.
· Enforces facility policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action Reports as needed.
· *Participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new staff.
2. Assure clinical excellence of the rehabilitation department by facilitation of program development.
3. Ensure financial success of the rehabilitation department by effective management of resources, productivity, and assurance of appropriate coding and billing of therapy services.
4. Coordinate human resource functions of interviews, performance appraisal, required inservice education and other duties related to recruiting, retention and disciplinary actions as needed.
5. Resident Rights
· Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
· Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
· Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
II. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES ( But not limited to)
1. Graduate of an accredited program in physical, occupational or speech therapy.
2. State credentialing /licensure as required.
3. Minimum of two years clinical experience in long term care and membership in discipline specific professional organization is preferred.
4. Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
6. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
Keywords: physical, manual therapy, geriatric, healthcare, orthopedic, acute care, rehab, rehabilitation, home health, SNF, ALF, hospital, clinic, neuro, neurological, sub acute, post acute, out patient, Skilled Nursing, modalities, ADL, activities of daily living, OT, OTR, OTA, COTA Occupational therapy, Occupational therapist, Occupational therapy Assistant, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical therapy, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, PT, P.T.,PTA, speech therapy, speech pathology, speech pathologist, speech therapist, SLP, CFY, SLP-CCC, SLP-CFY, swallowing, dysphasia, aphasia, video fluoroscopy, manager, supervisor, team leader, director of rehabilitation, director of rehab, DOR.
ProStep Rehabilitation - 18 months ago
ProStep Rehab offers comprehensive rehabilitative services including physical, occupational and speech therapy services in a variety of...