Summary of Job Function
Provides the business direction or testing approach of the assigned work components for a product, platform or project. Negotiates with stakeholders to determine scope and budget of work activities which advance TSYS business objectives and client needs. Manages to completion the overall work activities within the assigned unit of work. Builds and maintains client/vendor relationships. Supports the development of individuals, teams and work initiatives.
Work initiatives are typically smaller in nature, pose limited to moderate risk and complexity, require routine direction and minimal analysis/interpretation of data, and scope of contact interaction is typically limited to comparable client counterparts
1. Defines the direction and approach for assigned work request, to include working assumptions, acceptance, scope, size and risk. Ensures strategy and direction falls within timeframes and meets the objective for the unit of work.
2. Provides matrix management to multiple work teams and work requests. May supervise up to five team members.
3. Guides work activities for respective areas of responsibility. Tracks tasks and activities to keep on schedule. Plans, conducts and directs research/development work on areas of responsibility.
4. May serve as Subject Matter Expert for components and must be able to guide understanding of requirements and impacts to the customer, system, strategy and TSYS.
5. Tracks the overall number of components to keep on schedule and requests or adjusts resource allocation, as necessary. Plans, conducts and directs research /development on work assignments. Oversees deliverables from relevant processes for content, accuracy, and potential customer and system impacts.
6. Guides or conducts necessary communication with internal and external customers and teams. Negotiates to build consensus or make recommendations between work groups to meet common goals. Assumes the role of escalation for assigned unit of work. Participates or leads internal/external status meetings to provide information for work assignment and direction.
7. Works to eliminate road blocks impacting the timely and accurate delivery of assigned unit of work. Collaborates with team through matrix management to work through issues and road blocks that impact the successful delivery of assigned unit of work.
8. May consult with client/vendor and other appropriate areas to provide support and facilitate up front work activities and concept research. Works to ensure common approach and consistency.
9. Leads team, where appropriate. Provides direction to team members and/or work initiatives. Monitors the success of work initiatives. Provides coaching and feedback, when necessary to team members. Provides input to RIGHT STEPS. Teaches skills to team members to increase effectiveness. Monitors, trains, or provides input to training for the appropriate team member to ensure required skills are achieved/maintained for the effective management of assigned work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Follows the Leadership Expectations
2. Models observable behaviors identified in Talent Management Core Competencies
3. Listens well and utilizes information
4. Ensures meaningful Right Steps meetings and documentation
5. Understands the clients’ business and collaborates with the clients to meet their objectives
6. Plans and manages to annual budget for cost center
7. Understands the factors which enable TSYS to prosper
8. Works well in a fast-paced, high pressured environment with irregular hours
9. Travels, as required
10. Possesses and applies specialized knowledge unique to the organization using common methods and principles
11. Analyzes information for routine problem resolution
12. Plans and leads the work efforts of others
13. Provides daily leadership
14. Guides team members performing specialized duties
Education and Experience
Four year college degree and 6 or more years professional experience
8 or more years professional experience is required. Previous experience managing teams or projects is required for matrix management. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.
TSYS Merchant Solutions, LLC
We make it possible for millions of people to move money between the world's buyers and sellers. Offering merchant payment-acceptance...