Title: RedHat Linux Administrator
6 months contract with possible extensions
** 2 openings!! **
- Provide Tier 2 Operational support for UNIX systems.
- Provide technical analysis and design consulting support for major business applications.
- Managing project and task deliverable commitments, system changes and application rollouts / upgrades.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides system support for Unix operating systems and hardware support.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Problem management
- Project reporting
- Customer communication
- Rollout of applications and OS upgrades
- Build and configuration of server hardware
- Maintenance of the operating systems and hardware
- Installation of configured server into a production server environment
- Troubleshooting OS and hardware problems for local and remote servers.
- Escalation Support
- Vendor escalation.
- The primary work location is at the Network and Computing Center located in Frederick, MD.
There will be times when support activities may involve travel to HQ in Bethesda or systems located out of state at our customer sites or the field locations.
The Computing Center provides 24 X 7 technical support with on-call responsibilities.
- At times, off shift work may be required.
- 2 positions open:
- Work hours for position 1 is: Tu-Sat (1600-0100)
- Work hours for position 2 is: Su-Th (1600-0100)
- Experienced RedHat LINUX administrator with advanced knowledge of RedHat Clustering (KVM/XEN) and RedHat Enterprise Virtualization configuration, troubleshooting and management.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Day to day, hands on LINUX Operating System experience in a large enterprise (datacenter) environment
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX Clustering in RedHat LINUX, virtualization (RHEV), package creation and LVM maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware configurations and installation processes for HP Proliant systems
- Advanced knowledge of routine UNIX administration tasks
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup Administration on a UNIX platform a plus.
- Working knowledge of OS patch management and implementation
- Working knowledge of change management principles
- Desktop Productivity skills
- Vendor management escalation
- Ability to lead and work as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical certification and/or work experience
- 5-7 years experience with a demonstrated track record of success on open systems, client server environment or in project leadership.
- Possess technical aspect of systems analysis and design.
Interpreting business applications, operating systems and network designs.
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...