Genie Industries, is a division of Terex Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and the 3rd largest heavy construction equipment manufacturer. Genie Industries is a leading manufacturer of lifting equipment. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms Responsibilities Responsibilities and Scope:
Responsible for setting inventory levels through the use of Kanban and maintaining inventory levels that support production rates. Ensures that material flow from supplier to the facility is on time and maintains delivery standards as set-forth in the Terex Materials Management System and Terex Production System. Maintains and facilitates timely order and delivery of parts, components, and supplies to support production and service parts. Responsible for communicating any potential or real expedite needs to Buyers and concerned parties.
Qualifications Essential Functions (Listed in order of % of time)
- Orders materials using standard signals and ordering practices to conform to daily production requirements.
- Identifies and resolves daily material issues, facilitating or ordering necessary parts, components, and supplies for production variance due to part shortages
- Identifies and communicates all potential and real schedule variances for on-time delivery to their customer. Works to resolve such issues and develops alternate methods or supplier relationships as needed to ensure continued production and manufacturing flow.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for setting inventory levels through the use of Kanban (MRP/sequence pull as directed). Inventory levels must be established and maintained to support production using the production plan: max daily build rates and any specific option constraints
- Maintain accurate locations in the PFEP system and on kanban cards for all purchased and withdrawl loops. Perform daily audits to ensure the integrity of the system.
- Ensure that the delivery vessels (bins, totes, and racks) used for production materials meet the standards required for safe transport between supplier and Genie. These vessels must be right sized for safe handling and for the part quantity established for this kanban or part.
- Orders materials or coordinates changes to existing orders as a result of reschedules, ECN changes, conversions and options.
- Assists Kanban Coordinators, Buyers/Planners and other Materials support team to develop, interpret, and convert intermediate-term plans into action plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge and skills surrounding Material flow within a production system, lean concepts and process, as well as production planning with on-time delivery of supplies to internal customers. Working knowledge of Kanban systems, buyer/planner responsibilities and process as well as overall materials systems knowledge. Requires superb communication skills in both oral and written formats. Depth of knowledge surrounding flow systems, as well as quality products being delivered within a TAKT time. Must have excellent pc skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office programs.
Requires the ability to learn and carry out all aspects of the position; to coordinate materials and production schedules with multiple teams; to solve urgent problems associated with manufacture of products; and to document and communicate production outcomes and trends. Requires the ability to perform math and logic computations requiring sequencing of times, critical incidents, and numeric information. Requires the ability to negotiate changes with vendors and manufacturing teams. Requires the ability to learn the techniques associated with Kanban systems.
- Working Conditions
Within a manufacturing environment which may require extended periods of time in walking or standing position. This position may also require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Education and Experience
Four years of experience and/or formal education beyond high school in inventory control, material distribution and planning, scheduling and purchasing. Additional experience in production may substitute for some training in materials.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...