Great food and great careers - this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you're ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Dispatcher position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following duties:
• Assist the Transportation team with the overall day-to-day operations
• Prepares the delivery paperwork
• Schedule/Hours are subject to change, but are planned for Sunday-Thursday/2AM-10:30AM
• Monitors and maintains driver daily log files
• Monitors and maintains drivers' status and update files accordingly
• Updates and performs data entry into department and company database
• Responds to incoming calls
• Reviews, researches and resolves discrepancies on weekly reports
• Ensures compliance with DOT regulations and company policy
• Responsible for sending out all deliveries needed by customers on a daily basis
• Communicates with drivers, customers, vendors and company personnel in a positive and proactive manner
• Schedules and assigns drivers and/or helpers to loads
• Issues equipment to drivers
• Has knowledge of warehouse distribution
• Understands DOT regulations
• Works closely with fleet maintenance shop on all work in process
• Maintain inventory of equipment & keys such as hand trucks, cross bars, pallet jacks
• Maintain list of fleet equipment that is out-of-service
• Monitors drivers & routes via Peoplenet to insure customer delivery windows are met
Performance Food Group is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
High School Diploma or Equivalent, excellent communication, proficient knowledge of Microsoft based software, and be able to understand and work with systems and technology such as WMS and Peoplenet.
Performance Food Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
When it's time to eat out, Performance Food Group (PFG) delivers. It's the #3 broadline foodservice distributor in the US (behind...