The First Judicial District is looking to fill three full-time Temporary Records Clerk I positions in Dakota County through approximately June 30, 2013. Two positions will work primarily in Apple Valley and the other in Hastings, Minnesota.
Work involves detailed records management skills as well as office clerical skills. These positions also require manual labor involving carrying boxes that may weigh up to 40lbs. Highly organized, detail oriented candidates are desired.
Bargaining Unit: Teamsters CAT; posted for internal and external application simultaneously. Only internal, permanent Teamsters CAT represented employees are eligible for internal consideration.
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 4:30pm
EXTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 3, 2012 - 4:30pm
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. Hiring to the mid-point based on qualifications. These positions are not eligible for benefits, however, are eligible for holiday pay.
Example of Duties:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all the duties which may be performed.)
- Prepares court documents, files and records for scanning into electronic filing system
- Retrieves and replaces paper court documents, files and records from various divisions; searches for and removes case files when requested
- Scans documents, files and court records into an electronic filing system.
- Audits files to ensure all court records intended for electronic filing are properly classified.
- Files legal documents in proper order in files.
- Operates copy machine, scanner and computer.
- Makes simple arithmetic computations.
(Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, abilities and skills listed above. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is: )
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with records management and file maintenance
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to sort and box files alphabetically, and numerically in an efficient manner
- Highly organized
- Work involves significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, lifting and carrying items up to 40 pounds such as boxes containing papers and files, and reaching with hands and arms
- Requires standing on a ladder to retrieve files from high shelves
- Employment contingent upon the successful completion of a clerical skills test
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Work in a court or legal setting
- Experience working in MNCIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience working with confidential records