Construction Manager III - MS GC
Responsible for supporting and coordinating all aspects of field construction project activities for multiple cell sites in support of Network Vision and other construction project within the assigned market. Responsibilities include: directing and providing technical guidance to outside engineering firms, contractors, and vendors; and coordinating utilities, access, and inspections. The Construction Manager II daily tasks include generation /review of completed bid packages, coordination of site visits with engineers and contractors, generation /review of project schedules, reporting, site audits, on- site construction management of subcontractors and other duties as assigned.
. Position will be filled from the following locations-New Orleans, Hammond, Baton Rouge, LA . The Construction Manager provides leadership, construction management and deployment management oversight and project related subject matter expertise to support the execution of Sprint’s Network Vision program and future market construction projects.
Oversees the field-based construction projects from design through implementation. Conducts site inspections/audits throughout the construction and market acceptance phases. Coordinates with OEM, construction vendors and EMS market construction leads on all construction matters. Identifies construction or deployment issues and works with OEM or construction vendor to development resolutions. Monitors overall construction projects for cost, schedule and quality in markets assigned. Communicates with the Market Lead/Manager regarding status of specific projects. Plans and directs the 3rd party audits and coordinate with OEM to resolve any issues found during the audits. Monitors compliance with corporate, federal, state and local plant and construction regulations, policies and procedures. Is the technical SME and may be the technical point of escalation for projects. The Construction Manager 's daily tasks include generation and review of completed of bid packages, coordination of site visits with engineers and contractors, generation of project schedules, reporting, implementation of construction standard, site audits, on- site construction management of CGs and other duties as assigned.
Major challenges of this position will be managing multiple vendors, multiple technologies and priorities. This requires extensive knowledge of construction management, industry standards and the application of best practices when there is a lack of detailed guidance. Must have experience with large scale technology deployments and knowledge of site development standards/principles.
- Some travel required (50%).
- Must have valid driver's license, three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years experience managing technical projects
- Two years experience with reporting and budgets
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years' experience working with construction contractors
- Five years' experience managing construction projects from design through implementation
- Five years' site development experience
- Five years' deployment experience
- Five years’ experience with business principles, financial modeling and decision making (i.e., cost of money, financing, budgets, ROI, etc.). Broad knowledge and experience in wireless construction and equipment technologies.
- Experience developing and managing relationships with vendors and company personnel to resolve problems.
- Experience leading and developing a team environment.
- Project management, master planning/scheduling and matrix management experience is a plus.
- Vendor Management experience
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
LAHAMD - HAMMOND, LA MSC SWITCH
12645 HIGHWAY 190 W
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more than $26...