Helpdesk Associates provide hands on technical support to internal users, assisting them with desktop related hardware and software problems. Helpdesk Associates work with the users directly in person or troubleshoot problems remotely.
- Provides technical support; answers support queries via phone and or email.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues with desktops and laptops as well as with productivity tools and applications.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adheres to all service management principles.
- Takes ownership of user problems and proactively addresses user issues.
- Logs all calls on the call logging system.
- Responds to inquiries from users and helps them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintains a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Supports users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Allocates calls to the relevant IT Support groups.
- Arranges for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Recent college graduate with a degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Superior technical skills to identify and resolve problems.
- Experience using call logging software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 2000 / 2003, XP and Exchange 2007.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation) preferred.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Software deployment using WSUS, SMS and other tools.
- MCP certification would be desirable.
Crum & Forster - 8 months ago