To supervise and coordinate activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons.
1. Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
2. Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
3. Adjusts complaints of patrons.
4. Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
5. Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
6. May interview, hire, and discharge dining room personnel, train dining room employees, schedule work hours and keep time records of dining room workers.
7. May assist in planning menus, prepare beverages and expedite food orders.
8. May collect payment from customers and total receipts at end of shift to verify sales and clear cash register.
9. Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly.
2. Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies, such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service.
3. Perform a variety of activities, changing activities often and sometimes without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience as cashier, two years experience as a waiter or waitress, and one year in direct sales or the retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of experience.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.