Position Summary: C3CEN facilitates evolutionary engineering that focuses on the rapid deployment of essential functionality followed by planned improvements based on enhanced or refined requirements. C3CEN is responsible for developing, building, fielding, and supporting geographic information systems for the U.S. Coast Guard ashore and afloat.
Position Description: Provide system administration services to the U.S. Coast Guard Command, Control, and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN) for the Common Mapping Framework, JC2CUI, and its various sub-systems as outlined in this Statement of Work. The environment may include distributed data processing, data exchange, collaboration tools, and communications capabilities.
Responsibilities: Will perform system builds, upgrades, optimizations, repairs, logistics, and maintenance tasks on core systems (e.g., workstations, servers, and associated peripherals) with diverse technologies, such as SQL, Oracle, Ozone Widget Framework, Apache/ Tomcat, JBoss, Microsoft Windows, and LINUX.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to perform database administration functions in support of system sustainment, to include but not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining users, assigning roles and privileges, and grant or revoke rights to database objects.
- Database backups and recovery.
- Periodic review and analysis of database fault logs.
- Create, modify, execute, and diagnose database scripts.
Performance monitoring and tuning
Possess a strong knowledge of virtualization methodologies and technologies such as but not limited to:
Possess a strong knowledge base in configuring Blade Servers for virtualization with VMWare, and experience with using but not limited to:
- VMware High-Availability (HA)
- VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- VMware vCenter Update Manager
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Appliance
- VMware vCenter Client
- VMware vCenter Operation Management Suite
- VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat
- VMware vSphere 5 Standard/Enterprise/Enterprise Plus Suite
- VMware vSphere Replication
- VMware View 4 Premier
- VMware Workstation 9 for Linux and Windows
Allied Technology Group provides a full range of complex, innovative engineering and information management solutions to U.S. Government clients including the Departments of Defense, State, Homeland Security and various civilian Departments and Agencies. For the past 25 years, we have exceeded corporate and client expectations by focusing on each client’s absolute satisfaction.
- Dell PowerEdge Blade Servers
- Dell PowerConnect M6348 Ethernet Blade Switch
- Dell PowerConnect M8024 Switch
- F5 Global/Local Network Load Balancing Equipment
- VMware vSphere
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vMotion
- VMware DRS
- VMware Storage vMotion
Allied Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Allied Technology offers the following benefits to our employees:
- Health Care Benefits
- Vision Rider
- Dental Care Benefits
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Education & Training Assistance
- Professional Association Dues
- Direct Deposit
Allied Technology Group - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard