Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. (NYSE: MTD), with over $2.6 billion in sales, is a world market leader for precision instruments. METTLER TOLEDO is rapidly expanding its presence in the field of Analytical Instrumentation within its AnaChem Strategic Business Unit (SBU). We provide solutions to analytical chemists, QA/QC analysts and research scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. Our line of analytical instruments provides simple to use, reliable and high precision solutions to address many of the most typical critical measurements required in the laboratory.
Description: Reporting to the project’s Software Team Lead, this exciting new software development opportunity directly supports a new and innovative family of analytical instruments.
The proprietary development process employs agile practices including: iteration planning and night-builds; bug tracking using TFS, RAD prototyping using EB GUIDE Studio; code generation using FIDLGEN, EBNF, Coco/R and PERL; the IDE is the familiar Microsoft Visual Studio – which also generates the executable targets – which then run on Windows® (debug/development) and Windows® embedded operating systems (release/target).
The right candidate will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this exciting new project participating in every phase of the software development life cycle from the initial requirements phase, through design specification and implementation phases and finally, and to a lesser extent, the final testing and release phases.
Join our project team located at Mettler-Toledo’s Columbia, MD facility. The facility has an on-site, fully equipped gym with lockers and shower; a bright and open office environment; company sponsored activities such as Summer picnic, Halloween dress up, Thanksgiving/Christmas pot luck lunches, a Super Bowl party, and others.
As a member of a multicultural project team, you will collaborate with other development groups around the world, with colleagues in Switzerland, India and China. Some international travel is likely required.
- Create detailed software requirements by enhancing existing market requirements and legacy software requirements according to a defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop C++ software for analytical instruments based on a proprietary development platform following existing SDLC processes
- Develop C++ software for support of and communications with Windows® PC based advanced analytical software
- Develop unit tests modules for non-GUI related software modules according to defined SDLC processes
- Integrate/collaborate as necessary with project team members and international development groups
- BSCS, BSEE, BSEET (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Five (5) or more years of C++ software development experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- C++/OOP methodology, design and development skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
Additional skills below will receive preferential treatment:
- Chemistry and/or Analytical instrumentation
- WinCE or other Windows® embedded operating systems
- GUI concepts on touch screen displays (kiosks, ATMs, etc.)
- Full spectrum SDLC processes
METTLER TOLEDO offers competitive salary compensation and benefit programs that include flextime, a business casual environment, medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc. Visit us at www.mt.com.
Apply at https://home2.eease.com/recruit/?id=4106832