SPP Special Order Manager
To coach, mentor and train 8-16 associates to achieve maximize Staples profitability and growth within the assigned group of accounts by effectively selling the companies Special order capabilities to customers on a daily basis to include creativity, pricing, accuracy and quality customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain and develop associates to work with clients key buyers to enhance the potential for meeting the objectives of maximum profitability and growth through effective sales and services of Special Order. Train associates to source creative products and maintain knowledge of the market and product trends that would enhance the client Special order requirements. Authority for delegation and staff assignments, employee appraisal and performance evaluation. Prepare and present counseling forms and written warnings
- Expand net profits and sales revenue of $10 Million - $16 Million by developing associates to implement sales effectively through the use of the proprietary line, prestige partners and Marketing Strategies
- Make calls to vendors to negotiate pricing and manager margins to expand net profit and sales revenue by developing relationships with said vendors
- Analyze the customer needs and interest to determine and implement the best solutions to meet promotions, events and other special order requirements on all orders over $25,000
- Maintains current knowledge of the company’s product lines, safety compliance rules and processes to provide training, coaching and technical support to associates. Regularly attend industry shows and product showcases in order to assist team with proactively bringing market leading ideas to customers
- Respond to complaints from the clients and coordinate solutions by working with internal and external team members across functional areas and vendors to develop a resolution and communicate back to the customers and the sales force
- Provide backup and overflow support to all team accounts by doing quotes, orders and all Special Order Coordinator duties
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
- Bachelor Degree
- 6-8 years related experience
- Strong leadership skills and excellent knowledge of company processes and procedures to train and motivate associates to reach the revenue goals of the company forecast
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills to increase revenue and grow company margins
- Strong communications shills in written and spoken language, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal & external customers
- Ability to prioritize projects, strong time management and organizational skills to make decisions regarding vendor use, profits and risk
- Proven analytical skills necessary to make decisions regarding creative sourcing and product knowledge capabilities necessary to support customer’s projects and needs
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...