We are seeking a full-time, energetic Database Administrator with a CRM business analytics aptitude to
join our Support Tools team at our Santa Clara, CA office. Working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity. Provides work leadership to others. Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
additional database engines: Postgres, Oracle, Vertica, Greenplum.
- Advanced MySQL DBA experience and skills, and experience with at least one of these
Education / Experience
- Database performance optimization experience including logical-to-physical storage mapping.
- Experience with query optimization and indexing strategies.
- Knowledge of database modeling (ERDs) and normalization.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining data warehouses.
- Minimum MS in CS, EE or similar technical degree; or 6 - 8 years equivalent experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Self-starting with high integrity and initiative.
- Thought leadership with passion for process improvement and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle complex assignments and adapt in a dynamic, growth-oriented company.
system level test plans.
- Writes functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and
organization as principal customer contact.
- Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives.
- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization lines.
- May be accountable for overall product and/or serve as a customer advocate, may represent
- Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares
latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
- Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Project management skills.
- Understanding of business environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
EMC - 22 months ago
EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of information...