A Penske IT Service Desk Technician provides technical support to Penske's PC users in both corporate and field locations on a daily basis. This support may consist of both hardware and software trouble shooting and problem solving resolution. The PC support technician is to research and follow-up on problems that may require additional resources.
- Provide first level troubleshooting skills to resolve general internal Penske system support issues with Penske's corporate office and field location users via telephone and remote communication tools.
- Work on special projects and laptop software configuration
- Log all support calls into the call tracking system
- Work with programming staff to communicate software issues
- Follow-up with callers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- At least 2 years of prior customer service experience (technical or non-technical) required
- Prior Help Desk and Project Management experience preferred
- Vocational/Technical or certification required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A+ Technical Certifications preferred
- Excellent communication skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 2000 and XP, Internet Explorer, Outlook 2003 and MS office required
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot Printers in a Windows environment required
- Basic understanding of AS/400 communication and connectivity required
- Working knowledge of wireless and dial up networking required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
100 Gundy Drive
100 Gundy Drive
Penske (Oracle) Job Name
PTL.IT Service Desk Technician
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group,...