Job Description: Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. Responsibilities may include: the design of chip layout circuit design, circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Job responsibilities include writing verification test plans, and then writing tests to execute those plans. Development of verification collateral, such as behavioral checkers or coverage monitors, is often required to enable test plan execution. Candidates will need to debug failing tests, then work with designers and architects to resolve bugs. Successful verification engineers can anticipate failure modes, and write punishing test content to stress the design and identify bugs. Candidate will analyze coverage gaps and devise strategies to fill coverage holes. The quality of the design and the final product is directly proportional to the quality of the design verification work. Behavioral traits for this position include: strong problem-solving skills and a tolerance of ambiguity.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a BS + 3 yrs. exp; or MS + 2 yrs. exp. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- At the BS degree level only, must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork, communication, analytical and presentation skills
- 1+yr experience in verification testbench languages like specman, system verilog, vera etc.
- Minimum 2 year experience with computer architecture and digital logic design
- Minimum 2 year experience in design verification techniques
- 2+ years in Perl and C/C++
- 1+ year experience with IA32 architecture
- 1+ year experience with at least one of the following advanced concepts: out-of-order execution, code and data speculation, cache coherency, micro-code, virtualization and multi-thread and/or multi-core designs.
Nov 5, 2012
Nov 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 6 months ago
We are game changers, plain and simple.
At Intel, we see the everyday as a bar that continually needs to be raised. Step inside our worl...