Electrical Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
This position is responsible for performing all routine jobs, such as but not limited to: routine daily checks, inspection of equipment, PM’s, etc. Must participate in team and individual activities and carry out work instructions as provided by the Department Manager. In addition, the technician must always demonstrate consistent, safe work habits while performing his/her duties.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years vocational schooling in an electrical trade or equivalent and 5+ years hands-on electrical maintenance related experience in an industrial environment.
• Journeyman Electrician license a plus.
• Proven ability to read and interpret documents (i.e., safety rules, blue prints, electrical schematics, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals).
• Basic hand tools required, as well as knowledge of each tools’ proper use.
• Ability to read and follow mechanical and electrical drawings, safety rules and procedures, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Must be able to troubleshoot motor control circuits, PLC’s and AC or DC drives.
• Must be able to apply basic electrical theory to solve problems in plant equipment.
• Ability to remove and replace mechanical assemblies with little or no supervision and understand their basic operation and application (i.e., blowers, pumps, gearboxes, etc.).
• Must have the ability to type routine reports on the computer and have the ability to work with a CMM program such as 7i.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Must comply with 24 hour on call procedures (this includes holidays, weekends, and scheduled days off, and working unexpected long workdays).
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Shift: Night, 7pm-7am (see below for more details)
Salary: $22.73/hr + $1.00/hr shift differential
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
7:00pm – 7:00am
Week Hours Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat
1 48 W W O O W W O
2 36 O O W W O O W
3 48 W W O O W W O
4 36 O O W W O O W
Maintains and adheres to Toray Plastics (America), Inc.’s various certification criteria processes, such as ISO 9000:2001, ISO 14001, AIB, BRC/IoP.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.