Clinical Practice Coordinator
(May be located in any Ministry Home Care Office based on candidates location)
The Clinical Practice Coordinator
is a core member of the Clinical Services team. This role assures evidence based practice standards for the hospice and home health service line. In addition, the Clinical Practice Coordinator oversights a comprehensive orientation and staff development program. This position serves as an internal expert for clinical practice issues. This position participates actively in system wide clinical initiatives including pain management, palliative care, and wound management. This position will work closely with Clinical Leadership and the Quality Improvement Coordinator to assure alignment of clinical initiatives with organization wide objectives.
Ours is a culture of partnership - all working toward a common vision of being the premier home care provider in the region. We have a strong network of home health and hospice agencies that provide care to their local communities, and have a vital web of support from the other agencies - bringing many years of experience and variety of talents together to make a stronger whole. Together we are focused on creating an outstanding patient experience, allowing individuals to remain where they are most comfortable -in their homes.
The Incumbent in this position will:
- Assure evidence based approach to standards of care.
- Provide expertise and leadership to clinical initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with the Quality Service Coordinator to improve key clinical metrics.
- Maintain knowledge base of contemporary nursing practice and provides recommendations for continuous improvements across service lines.
- Based on organizational goals and priorities develop, implement, evaluate and maintain clinical practice standards. a) Nursing Practice Team b) Disease Management Program and Telemonitoring c) patient education materials d) staff education materials e) clinical policies f) Ministry Health Care teams: respiratory, wound, infection control g) infection control practices and policies h) falls reduction program i) clinical assessment standards including OASIS.
- Based on goals and priorities develop, implement, evaluate and maintain a comprehensive orientation and staff development program.
- Identify and coordinate internal workshops and conferences to promote advancement in clinical practice.
- Serve as a resource for agencies, providing collaborative assistance with the development of agency specific clinical practice improvement needs. a) root cause analysis review b) assist with leadership clinical improvements initiatives.
- Assure annual competency program for all disciplines by collaborating with internal and external experts.
Normal Weekly Hours
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Masters Degree in nursing preferred. Advance Practice experience will be considered in lieu of Masters Degree.
- Wisconsin RN license or eligible to obtain
- At least 3-5 years experience in clinical practice required
- CPR certification or obtain within six months of employment
- Current driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and vehicle availability
- Strong computer skills
- Must possess a high level of problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a working knowledge and understanding of process and system improvement.
- Familiarity with operational and clinical activities in home care a plus.
Staff Registered Nurses
WI-Marshfield-Ministry Home Care
WI-Sturgeon Bay-Ministry Home Care - Sturgeon Bay, WI-Wausau-Ministry Home Care - Wausau, WI-Stevens Point-2501 Main St., WI-Rhinelander-Ministry Home Care - Rhinelander, WI-Arbor Vitae, WI-Neenah-Ministry Home Care - Neenah
Ministry Home Care
Ministry Health Care - 17 months ago