Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Project Engineering
Job Title :
Senior Simulation Engineer
Type of Position:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience with 5 years directly-related experience in flight simulation/Image Generation developing solutions that support military virtual training.
- Must have the ability to use 3D modeling tools to design, build, test and modify multiple aero models within a synthetic environment.
- At least 3 of the 10 years of experience working with 3D modelers to accurately replicate the control surfaces, performance, appearance and flight characteristics of multiple aircraft.
- Requires working knowledge of Word (word processing); Excel (spreadsheets); and Powerpoint (presentations).
- Experience using Presages tools, C, C++, Fortran, Java, Linux
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance.
This opportunity is contingent upon award to URS of the Predator Mission Aircrew Training Systems (PMATS) contract, anticipated in
- Overall Performance, Operational Management, Quality and Performance of the software / Image Generation solutions URS offers to our customers.
- Integrating solutions and developing system interfaces related to the virtual environment.
- Design, maintain, update and enhance real-time software, design, implement and test solutions for hardware and software.
- Design software upgrade and concurrency plans as well as the process to test, integrate and deliver software changes to multiple simulators in multiple locations.
- Work with DOD Subject Matter Experts to ensure software enhancements and solutions accurately model the operational characteristics of various aircraft.
- Identify and keep up to date on new simulation related technology.
- Design and Develop hardware and software solutions to best fit customer needs.
- Design and Develop visual solutions to support training system upgrades, re-hosts and manufacturing.
URS Corporation - 21 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...