This position will support PPL's nuclear facility and will be physically located at the plant near Berwick, PA. The purpose of this job is to manage the acquisition of a variety of corporate requirements and issue contractual commitments with an estimated value of up to $25 million per year. Responsible for procuring material and services at the best evaluated total cost of ownership, and assuring quality and schedule compliance in accordance with the end user’s requirements. In addition, this position administers contracts, conducts negotiations, performs market price and financial analysis, develops relationships and drives continuous improvement and productivity with suppliers and customers. This position works independently with minimal supervision.
1. Manage the procurement process from specification/definition of need through contract administration. Evaluate sources of supply and develop optimal pricing methodology and warranty protection. Utilize the most strategic sourcing method (alliance, auction, blanket, contract, master service agreement, purchase order) to acquire the necessary products and services at the maximum level of savings.
2. Develop negotiation strategies and company positions, work with Office of General Counsel to identify and incorporate appropriate levels of commercial protection, and conduct negotiations to achieve the optimal business results for the company.
3. Perform market analysis and financial analysis to determine business risk associated with a supplier or contract.
4. Analyze and develop company position on claims and disputes, and subsequently consult with senior management to resolve/negotiate claims and disputes associated with procurements.
5. Identify new sources of supply, and potentially acceptable new products/technologies. Establish/maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners, based on the highest ethical business practices as set forth in the Standards of Conduct and Integrity and PPL's Supply Chain Polices.
6. Provide outage and work management support for power plant material requirements.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
1. At least two to four years of materials buying experience or equivalent operations experience for the Sourcing Agent level. Additional experience required for the Senior and Specialist levels.
2. Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
3. Strong customer service focus, with ability to build credibility with internal clients and external suppliers.
4. Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated problem-assessment and problem-solving skills.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Experience in Electric Utility buying (Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Substation).
3. Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
4. General business acumen (with respect to economic and competitive environments), and the ability to apply same.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and databases.
6. Familiarity with enterprise resource planning systems (integrated work management, accounts payable, purchasing and inventory applications).
7. Knowledge of electronic commerce.
8. Knowledge of unique nuclear quality and process requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
How To Apply
1. Click on Apply Now button
2. Upload a new resume or select one you previously uploaded, or
cut and paste a resume from a Word document
3. Answer basic qualification screening questions
4. Answer questions regarding how the position meets your career
5. Click on Submit button
You can save your online response and come back at a later time to finish; however, you must hit Submit to actually send your completed online response.
NOTE: Once you submit your online response, you cannot go back and edit your online response or resume, nor can you re-submit for the same vacancy.
PPL Corporation - 3 years ago
PPL Corporation, with 2013 revenues of $12 billion, is one of the largest companies in the U.S. utility sector. The PPL family of companies...