Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for providing high quality bilingual telephone service to Kaiser Permanente members. This candidate will primarily provide bilingual and language resource services when answering patient's phone calls, assisting them in obtaining medical services by scheduling them for an office visit or phone encounter, or transferring callers to a telephone nurse or to the appropriate medical office, or answering questions about their health plan.
- Schedules, reschedules, and/or verifies patient appointments.
- Interpretation services for non English-speaking members
- Responds to member questions and concerns, and acts as an advocate for their service, needs, and interests within Kaiser Permanente, resolving issues at the lowest possible level.
- Educates members on proper use of Health Plan systems and facilities.
- Appropriately transfers and introduces returned telephone calls to providers and medical office modules.
- Refers provider sick calls to scheduling Supervisor or a member of the call center management team.
- Notifies patients of appointments and/or scheduling changes by telephone or mail.
- Verifies member and benefit eligibility, creates medical record numbers as appropriate.
- Confirms patient appointment for next day, as appropriate.
- Receives/sends messages from/to hearing-impaired members via TDD equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient's medical record and demographic information.
- Verifies and updates member demographics as appropriate during telephone encounter, per guidelines.
- May collect cumulative data and statistics; may enter data into automated systems.
- Assist in training and orienting new or less experienced staff, as directed.
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedure questions and assisting problem solving.
- Understands individual and call center performance. Is proactive about responding to self-performance measures.
- May participate in special projects, studies, or other activities from time to time, as directed.
- Proactively identify ways Kaiser Permanente could improve customer service; work in collaboration with other Kaiser Permanente department.
- Other duties related to this role as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal training and/or certification in interpretation and/or must pass the Qualified Bilingual Status Level 1 assessment. (Will be given during the screening process)
- One (1) year experience in a similar customer service position which included data entry and high volume phone duties
- Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, or Indian
- Working knowledge of PC
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously on the telephone.
- Ability to effectively interact and negotiate with diverse work units at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Appointment-setting experience in a clinical setting or health care service role
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....