This position is located at the Argosy Hawaii Campus.
This position will provide administrative support to the Regional Vice President of Human Resources for Argosy University, and be responsible for the administrative and coordination functions for the Human Resources Department for multiple campuses in Regions 2 and 3. This may include one or more of the following areas: recruiting, talent management initiatives, salary and compensation, benefits, employee communication, and reporting.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC HR guiding principles are adhered to in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. These include having a focused and disciplined approach with an eye toward compliance with HR policies, regulations, laws and other EDMC procedures, driving for results, delivering excellent customer service, emphasizing communication, recognition, teamwork and collaboration, seeking ways to support and develop standardized processes and common procedures, and an unwavering attention to growth and development in self and internal clients.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Perform routing administrative support for the Human Resources department. Duties will include filing, copying, typing, preparing agendas and meeting minutes. Order supplies and maintain all office equipment such as faxes, copy machines, and printers.
2. Process payroll: which may include checking timesheets or time keeping software, as it applies, as well as changes in information/payroll. May include data entry and the copying/organizing of documents prior to shipment to Corporate.
3. Enter employee data into Lawson HR System, run reports to provide employee data out of Lawson System. Analyze employee reports and provide trending and summary data to RVPHR. Scan employee data into Image Now system. Enter employee training events into Learning Management System.
4. Maintain HR SharePoint Intranet Website for the region; provide assistance and training to others using the site. Organize and manage the flow of HR communications to the team.
5. Conduct new hire orientation, and answer employee questions relating to various payroll, benefits and HR issues.
6. Ensure compliance with corporate policies as they relate to salary, compensation, staffing, training, and benefits.
7. May assist with the recruitment of candidates to fill vacancies. This includes posting job requisitions, processing incoming resumes and applications of various formats, resume response cards, some prescreening, scheduling interviews and extending offers of employment to pre-decided candidates.
8. Administer the talent management initiatives of corporate headquarters and school to include the areas of on-boarding, orientation, training, performance review and succession/leadership planning.
9. Participate in the administration of salary, compensation, staffing, training and benefits program. This includes monitoring existing and new hire employee’ salaries and compensation for compliance with corporate policies as well as entering new employee benefit elections, running monthly benefits, staffing, turnover and other reports, reconciling and submitting changes to benefits carriers.
10. Assist with special events and/or projects such as training programs, annual benefits enrollment, employee recognition, etc. as needed.
Reports To: Regional VP of Human Resources
Interacts With: Executive staff, executive administrators, Human Resources team, employee’s, visitors, and outside vendors
Location: Argosy Hawaii Campus
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Industrial Relations or similar required.
- 0-2 years of previous experience in Human Resources or related field preferably in a post secondary education environment or other field with large employee base and strong external customer service requirements (e.g., health care, retail, financial or mortgage services, etc.).
- Previous compensation and benefits, and oriented administrative experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization and self motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the MS Office suite as well as HRIS database applications helpful, although not required.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and set one’s own priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Worried that traditional higher education could leave you enlightened but unemployed? Education Management may have the solution. Founded in...