• Development, implementation, and maintenance of daily controls of standard cost system to assure standard cost accuracy, inventory, valuation and standard margin reporting accuracy.
• General accounting including journal entries, monthly financial statement preparation, account analysis and variance analysis.
• Management of Key Performance Indicators, analysis and improvement.
• Recording and analysis of manufacturing variances, including labor rate and efficiency variances, material usage/purchase price variances and overhead spending and absorption variances.
• Improvement and ongoing maintenance of internal controls.
• Drive business goals such as cost reduction initiatives, working capital management, and return on capital employed to ensure they are adequately measured, managed and achieved.
• Manage Fixed Asset accounting, review proposals and determine return on investment and recommend course of action.
• Provide management with daily, weekly, and monthly strategic tools, monitors and reports to drive business results.
• Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Ensure that the financial reporting processes are in accordance with GAAP and the Company’s Financial Procedures with emphasis on manufacturing and inventory accounting issues.
• Maintain controls throughout the business unit to adequately safeguard company assets and identify potential risks in a timely manner
• Manage Annual Physical Inventory
• Manage 2-3 subordinates
• 10 plus years Controllership level experience with at least 2 companies each with sales greater than $500.0M
• Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
• Verified cost cutting initiatives totaling at least 5% of annual sales
• Experience in multiple division, business unit environment
• Strong sense of ethics and ability to raise issues/concerns in a professional manner and work through difficult topics across functions.
• Significant financial/accounting experience focusing on analytical activities.
• In depth and hands on experience in the development and maintenance of standard cost systems in a manufacturing environment, utilizing a tier 1 (Oracle) fully integrated ERP/MRP system.
• BS – Accounting/Finance Masters preferred
• Supervisory experience, proven leadership, communication skills both verbal and written and planning and organizational skills required.
• Multicurrency/International business experience
• 50 hour plus work week
Sig Sauer - 19 months ago