JOB DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Specialist position
located in the Technical Education academic area within the Education and Training Division performs a broad range of administrative tasks in support of programs and fosters a welcoming office environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs all program support duties including logistics, budget maintenance and procurement.
· Provides academic scheduling support for the division to include faculty loading, all Datatel entry, and reporting. Provides clerical support to Dean. Identifies, prioritizes and completes
administrative tasks by designated deadlines. Ensures all tasks are completed in accordance with College policies and
· Provides customer service to internal and external customers.
· Serves as liaison between Administrative Services and area personnel ensuring all required deadlines are met. Aids in the orientation of new personnel to division.
· Provides direct oversight in the planning, implementation and execution of key events, meetings, camps and ceremonies hosted by the division. Participates in campus activities and
committees and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
Associate's Degree or High School diploma and two (2) years of related work experience required. Selected positions may require the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations.Position requires some flexibility in work schedule in conjunction with peak registration and occasional local travel. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment and will be proficient in Microsoft Office skills, database management, and report generation.
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years experience including higher education is preferred.
APPLICATION NSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online
at www.jobs.sc.gov . Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed ( email@example.com ), or mailed(P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date.The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.