The Area Supervisor is a member of the Supervisory Staff who is responsible
for a specific, assigned area of the store as well as the general operations and
supervision of the store when functioning as the Supervisor on Duty. Area
Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the store, supervising
Associates, providing Star Customer Service at all times, supervising
merchandise processing, markdowns, sizing and the Front End as needed.
Markdowns (20% of Time)
Accountable for store any markdown variances.
- Reviews MD Team schedule to company standards.
- Pulls markdown information weekly and ensures order of markdowns.
- Audits markdown compliance, recovery and sizing by markdown team.
- Responsible for maintaining company markdown standards in store.
- Ensures all equipment is operable - communicates issues to the Service Desk
- Understands how markdown equipment works and is able to assist MD Team as
- Ensures Clearance items are marked and moved to Clearance areas and signed
Merchandise Processing (20% of Time)
signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Ensures compliance to Power Processing.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e.,
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all stockrooms.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is
- Responsible for ensuring any back stock is secured and processed to company
Fitting Room (20% of Time
- Responsible for daily trash removal.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled.
- Ensures all fitting room garment tags are audited and accounted for to
the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and security tagged as
- Ensures go back compliance throughout the day. All merchandise returned to
Men's/Bed & Bath/Home
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of Fitting Room.
Accents/Lingerie/Hosiery/Cosmetics/Accessories/Luggage (20% of Time)
- Responsible for merchandising of department.
- Responsible for back-stock and under-stock.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly ISM set up in assigned area.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to company
Administrative Duties as Assigned by Store Manager (20% of Time)
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
- Ensures Cash pick-ups and bank deposits are conducted to company
(Associate entry/egress, receiving door, trash removal, etc.), EAS daily
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control
function check, cash office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register
area. Also responsible for customer safety including accident prevention,
accident reporting and emergency procedures. Responds to after-hours alarms when
customer service presence on the sales floor, customer and Associate engagement
- Responsible for store Loss Prevention including maintaining a large
and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in safe, register
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. This includes refund
Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and break schedules.
Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission and Payroll
- Conducts "code 50" package inspections.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits,
reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by store manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Customer Service
- Drives Results
- Process Improvement
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
Ross Stores - 9 months ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an incred...