Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate plan design, policies, development of programs and vendor selection based on needs assessment, cost competitiveness and market data analysis.
- Manage benefit activities associated with design, development and administration of benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance and 401(k).
- Ensure regulatory compliance to all applicable state and federal laws impacting the development and administration of Company benefit programs and policies.
- Analyze claims utilization trends to identify plan design enhancements and health and productivity improvement.
- Conduct financial analysis of benefit program costs and analyze benefits claims experience or utilization data for cost-control and risk assessment factors.
- Vendor management including statement of work, renewal negotiations, performance metrics, annual audits and business reviews.
- Monitor and track financial spend of providers and services.
- Presentation delivery to senior management to discuss proposed changes, summarize program outcomes and share innovative design concepts for future planning.
- Actively participate in planning process for annual enrollment including plan renewals, plan design recommendations, vendor communication and implementation of changes.
- Assist in the due diligence and integration of benefit programs for mergers and acquisitions.
- Gather competitive data and participate in various benefit surveys.
- Provide customer service and support to assist employees with issues and questions.
- Create and maintain high quality, accurate record-keeping systems for benefit plans.
- Support benefits team members for professional development.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 7-10 years of benefits experience.
- 3-5 years of benefits management experience.
- Analytical skills with advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of COBRA and FMLA laws.
- Experience with UltiPro
- PHR, SPHR and/or CEBS certification
- Strong project management skills.
- 2+ years of experience working with self-insured benefit plans.