The Unit Education Consultant acts a resource, consultant, mentor and coach to staff within the department and specialty care areas. This individual will partner with the Regional Education Consultant to write education plans for unit education and clinical program needs and may participate on system-wide education teams. The incumbent will be accountable for continuing education, coordinating and executing skill pass-off requirements on the unit, teaching inservice, and overseeing, coordinating and facilitating high quality and focused unit orientation for all new hires. This individual will also ensure required education is completed within required time frames, assuring competency for all staff, assesses learning needs and competency gaps and addresses outcomes and interventions focusing on improvement of practice and quality on the unit.
The incumbent must be able to communicate well with staff, work variety of shifts to evaluate and teach on all shifts, stay current on all policies and procedures. Be able to demonstrate positive attitude and exemplify Intermountain Healthcare's mission, vision, and values.
Entry Rate: Based on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Variable hours between 0800-1630
- Current Utah Registered Nurse ( RN) License
- Two or more years Registered Nurse (RN) experience working in the department or specialty care area
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Demonstrated expertise in assigned clinical area
- Leadership mentoring, and coaching ability
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, pushing/pulling, seeing, standing, walking, and manual dexterity
- Five or more years experience in the department or specialty care area
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 8 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...