The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will /may be paid
- This is a Drug Testing Position
- Top Secret Clearance Required
- This is a Key Position
Back to top
. The primary purpose of this position to serve as the MAJCOM Senior Telecommunications Specialist
responsible for planning, implementing, and developing policy for Telecommunications/IT systems and programs to
meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
. Serves as senior telecommunications specialist and advisor to PACAF.
Performs as senior technical advisor to functional managers and information technology professionals.
. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and manages acquisition of IT assets. As a senior IT specialist, manages life cycle design and maintenance specifications for new IT assets.
. Serves as contracting officers representative. Provides technical guidance and advice requiring a high level of skill in analyzing system status as related to potential organizational business requirements.
. Leads specific cross-organizational discussions, meetings, or special projects and presents briefings and
prepares recommendations and reports.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include experience in evaluating, analyzing, developing, managing, or improving communications systems, procedures, and requirements that demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in communications concepts and technology
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 [insert appropriate grade level] or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
. Knowledge of a wide range of IT and telecommunications principles and systems analysis concepts and
techniques, new and emerging information technologies, and security methods and principles, including Air Force engineering and installation (E&I) policies, procedures and implementation. Ability to maintain an up-to-date
awareness of technological advances and predict how management can meet future requirements.
2. Knowledge of and ability to apply rules/regulations related to Contractor Officer Representative (COR) and/or Quality Assurance Evaluation (QAE) functions, to include contract ethics training requirements.
3. Expert knowledge of Cyberspace Infrastructure Planning System (CIPS), CIPS Visualization Component (CVC)
and Program Objective Memorandum (POM)/ Planning, Program, Budget and Execution (PPBE)
4. Thorough knowledge of Military Construction (MILCON) program funding, to include a working knowledge of all Air Force guidance/instructions related to inclusion of communications and information in the design and funding of MILCON projects. Expert knowledge of E&I design, engineering and installation standards.
5. Knowledge of customers business processes and operations to anticipate and refine functional requirements. Knowledge of concepts and principles of sequencing actions, procurement techniques and requirements, and coordination requirements involved in project controls.
6. Knowledge of design tools, methods, and techniques as well as system hardware and software life cycle management concepts, cost benefits analysis, system architecture, integration techniques, transmission media, and testing methods. Knowledge of strong project management skills, methods and tools to manage programs and projects of various sizes, types and durations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. The employee may be recalled to duty and required to work overtime during other than normal duty hours, which
may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays on an emergency basis.
2. The employee may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty.
3. This position is designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the
accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their
military recall status if alternatives for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
4. This position is designated by the Air force as a Test Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian
Drug Testing Program. As a mandatory requirement for employment in this TDP, the incumbent is (A) to refrain
from use of illegal drugs and (B) if required, to submit to urinalysis testing. The selectee must sign a statement
acknowledging the position occupied is identified as a TDP.
5. The employee may be required to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments:
If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, February 28, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 846907. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
655 Vickers Ave
Department of the Air Force - 19 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...