AECOM, Architecture is seeking a Principal Healthcare, Seller/Doer for our US-Central region. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leadership in the regional healthcare market sector, with opportunities for supervising healthcare teams and proposal teams composed of staff from multiple AECOM business lines. The successful candidate will have had some operational responsibility for running small team and will become a member of the regional leadership team. We are renowned for innovation, high quality work, attentive client service, and a collegial office culture. Our architectural projects are varied and challenging. We are seeking a respected professional with extensive experience on large-scale healthcare projects to help develop business in this sector, lead related projects, and have a positive impact on the office’s strategic direction.
Duties & Responsibilities: May include but not limited to the following:
- Directs the development, coordination, and execution of the programming, planning design and/or construction administrative activities and personnel under his/her direction on a day- today basis
- Directs business development activities through early client interaction, “scope of work” development, interviews, and on-going client maintenance interface
- Develop and maintain client contact listing.
- Manage large/multi-disciplined project /consultant teams
- Establish project scope, work plan and work schedule and ensure this is communicated to project staff and department managers
- Maintain project work action plan in MIS Vision software
- Develop, implement and administer operational procedures, controls and administrative systems necessary to meet contractual obligations
- Ensure that projects are delivered within the client budget and on the client schedule
- Ensure that projects are delivered with the agreed fee and deliver the stated profit
- Interface with clients on schedules, meetings and issues (manage client expectations)
- Advise senior management of the project status on a regular basis
- Anticipate potential schedule or priority delays and initiate plans for alternative actions
- Monitor performance vs. budget and develop strategies for corrections before overruns occur
- Train, mentor and develop staff
- Close out projects
- Ensure that QA/QC procedures are being implemented and followed at all phases of a project in accordance with AECOM’s Quality Assurance Program procedures
- Maximize profit while minimizing risk
- Must have a thorough understanding of the responsibilities to both the Company and the client as set forth by the contractual agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject or equivalent experience, Master degree preferred
- Registration or licensing required.
Experience in the delivery of large complex healthcare projects with both new construction and renovation, Experience in current medical planning concepts, familiar with current and future clinical processes, familiar with current medical equipment technologies and manufacturers. Candidate generally has over 15 years of related experience including over 10 years in a supervisory role. Candidate generally has managed very large/complex institutional projects (i.e. hospitals, medical office building, ambulatory care center, central utility plant, projects).
Provides direction and guidance to staff members of varied functions. Provides guidance to and management of sub-consultants.
Scope of Responsibility:
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines
- Responsible for setting project team structure, developing fees and establishing interim and final project deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills · Strong technical skills · Strong client management skills · Knowledge of computer systems and their applications, (Revit, AutoCad, 3D Studio Max, etc.) · Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills · Excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills · Responsive to changing demands · Strong leadership and team-building skills · Strong initiative · Ability to work under pressure · New large Hospital experience (350,000 GSF or larger) · Complex hospital renovation experience · Ability to travel and/or work remotely with team What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 18 months ago
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...