Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation
(NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric
utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco,
employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to
15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively
pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. Department Overview
PG&E is one of America's largest and most respected utilities proudly delivering some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers. We are planning for the future by exploring new technologies that harvest energy
from the sun, wind, ocean waves, tidal currents, geothermal, and agricultural waste. On average, more than half of the electricity we deliver to customers comes from sources that emit no CO2, and an increasing amount comes from renewable sources of electricity.
The Power Generation's Project Management Department is responsible for managing major design/construction projects in PG&E's non-nuclear power generation facilities, which is mostly hydroelectric systems, but also includes fossil generation as well as solar
and soon, wind. PG&E operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation.
This is a Journey level Project Management Analyst who works with the direction of more senior PM Analysts, Project Managers,
Project Engineers, Business Planners and a supervisor. The position provides project oversight, control and analysis for capital and expense improvement projects and/or FERC relicensing and license compliance projects for hydro power and/or fossil fired and
infrastructure facilities. Multiple projects are supported simultaneously. The position requires a thorough understanding of project cost and schedule controls and project management methodologies, strong computer skills, and enhanced verbal and written
communication skills. Employee works independently with general direction and applies judgment to set priorities and complete tasks. Responsibilities may include Privileged and Confidential work.
This is an ESC Local 20 represented classification
currently subject to collective bargaining.
years of applicable work experience (such as in accounting, construction management, project scheduling or controls) with responsibilities similar to those required for this classification is acceptable in lieu of formal education.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, a scientific discipline, economics, finance or business administration or similar field
- Minimum of 5
when tasks are complex and require experience-based judgment to accomplish.
- Strong computer skills, including competency with SAP, MS-Word and Excel; competent with databases and project scheduling software.
- Ability to complete assignments independently and meet commitments based on general direction including
concepts, principals, practices, and requirements for power generation assets to help with development and documentation of project scopes and implementation plans.
- Able to support several projects concurrently, prioritizing tasks appropriately depending on the needs of respective projects.
- Applies sound knowledge of project management
- Can create and provide detailed analysis of cost and schedule reports and is able to identify
on multiple large and moderately complex projects, and is able to develop CPM schedules, detailed cost plans, project resource plans, and project authorization and justification documentation for these projects.
- Demonstrates experienced judgment when making decisions and recommendations; uses technical & business judgment to determine cost effective and practical solutions.
- Ability to function as a Journey level Project Management analyst
effectively; and utilize a variety of styles in order to connect with the intended audience; able to present moderately complex project information in informal and formal group settings; promotes greater understanding by providing background information and rational
- Ability to communicate a variety of topics
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate routine project meetings & walk downs.
Position responsibilities include assisting project leads
(Project Managers and Project Engineers) with management and successful completion of projects, on time and within budget, and assisting supervisors and managers through analysis and reporting on projects and programs. Job duties may vary by assignment but demand
more in depth skill and knowledge, involve more complex projects and analysis and greater autonomy as skill and experience develop. Duties for Journey level PM Analysts are completed under general direction from project leads and supervisors; complexity and autonomy
of assignments increase as an employee gains more experience and expertise. In addition, job duties include, but are not limited to:
and developing project authorization requests, cost estimates, economic analyses, project justification, and other supporting documents with some direction from project lead and other team members.
- Assist project leads as needed to obtain management approval of projects and budgets, including independently drafting
functions for the various projects. Work in collaboration with project leads and project teams to develop and maintain project schedules and monitor cost status and forecasts. Analyze schedule start and duration variances. Perform targeted SAP queries to extract
- Efficiently and accurately perform monitoring and analysis
financial performance data.
through completion and closure.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and records for required aspects of the project in accordance with established guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain order groups by managing orders from inception
their correctness and appropriateness, and take corrective measures when appropriate. Provide project leads and project team members with status information and milestones that will ensure timely decisions that will take advantage of changing circumstances and
- Analyze and trend cost and schedule variances against authorized and budgeted cost plans. Alert team when corrective actions are needed, including anticipating future problems based on trends. Analyze actual charges to validate
Recommends and implements
- Independently prepare and maintain project status reports, programmatic spreadsheets, project database updates and various management communication reports (in coordination with project lead).
improvements to these systems.
- Assist project leads with procurement and contracting activities including but not limited to drafting of contract documents under direction of project lead; work directly with contractors to resolve errors and questions
- Recommend improvements to assist in maintaining and updating Project Management Guidelines, including recommending process improvements. Assist in updating Project Management website.
- Proactively support attaining Departmental
employees and assist in training and developmental functions.
- Assist project leads with coordination and documentation of project kickoff meetings, walk downs, lessons learned meetings, and design review meetings. Occasionally stand in for project lead when he or she is not available.
- Mentor newer
- Will support management on analyst related job duties as needed.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 11 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24 hour...