Monitors guests of the Nation pool and ensures the safe and proper utilization of the facility.
• Diligently monitors patrons of the Nation pool, provides assistance to swimmers in difficulty and strives to prevent accidents by ensuring proper utilization of the facility.
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required; obtains professional emergency medical services if necessary.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, maintaining a high level of client service.
• Conducts swimming lessons and water safety education as assigned.
• Reports all unusual, disciplinary, safety and/or accident incidents to management.
• Collects and monitors data as instructed that is relative to the maintenance of the pool including chemical and water balance, climate control, cleanliness and related maintenance, in compliance with standardized public pool guidelines. Ensures imbalances are corrected in an expeditious manner.
• Participates in all in-service training sessions.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Pool Director and or Assistant Pool Director.
• Certified in First Aid, CPR and Lifesaving. Water Safety Instruction (WSI) strongly preferred.
• Experience with youth programs preferred.
• Knowledge of pool maintenance and safety standards.
• Exemplary guest service skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fine manipulation of the hands for continuous and frequent use of the computer, telephone, ten-key, copier and other office equipment.
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach above the shoulder.
• Repetitive use of the hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling, typing and writing.
• Acute speech, vision, hearing and sense of touch required.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.
Oneida Indian Nation - 15 months ago