This is a generic posting to receive applications in order to create a certified substitute applicant pool for the 2012-13 school year. Applying for this position gives the opportunity to be considered for a substitute position; this does not guarantee employment.
Selected applicants will be contacted by the Substitute Office to schedule the attendance of a Substitute Introduction. At the introduction, attendees will:
IMPORTANT : our communication, including the invitation to an introduction, is done through email. Please be sure that your email is correct in your online application.
- View a presentation about substituting in the Boise School District
- Receive new-hire paperwork such as an I-9 and W-4. Applicants must bring their social security card and photo identification for I-9 and payroll purposes.
- Be fingerprinted for an FBI criminal background check (there is a $40 fee for fingerprinting and may take up to 1 week for results)
To be considered for the substitute pool, applicants must complete the appropriate online application and ensure the substitute pool job is added to the application.
For more information regarding substituting, please visit our web site at http://www.boiseschools.org/jobs/substitute.html
- Certified Application: If you have a valid teaching credential or expired teaching credentials (in-state and out-of-state are accepted) (letters of recommendation and essay are not required for substitute positions)
- Classified Application: If you do not hold a teaching credential and hold at least a Bachelor's degree or higher. Please note, you may still be considered for certified substitute positions as long as you meet the educational requirements.
$75 per full day (assignments over 4 hours in duration)
$37.50 per half day (assignments up to 4 hours in duration)
2012-2013 School Year
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher or a teaching certificate (preferred)
- Proof of education (copy of: teaching credential, Bachelor’s Degree or higher, transcripts with Bachelor’s Degree or higher posted; must be on file to receive an invitation to the substitute orientation)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as needed with students, parents, district staff, and patrons;
- Ability to perform the duties assigned to the regular teacher;
- Ability to follow the lesson plans of the regular teacher;
- Ability to keep a careful record of attendance;
- Ability to follow district policy on confidential issues;
- Ability to teach students and provide necessary classroom management objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Substitute positions may or may not be filled depending upon district need.
Boise School District - 15 months ago