Dell is a seeking a hard-working, self-motivated Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst who will thrive in a global fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
A successful candidate will be responsible for core testing of DCCA medical image archive and health information exchange technologies. These products utilize common healthcare protocols such as DICOM, HL7, and XDS; industry standard protocols such as CIFS. HTTP, FTP, and XML; and several proprietary protocols as well. DCCA products run on SuSE Enterprise Linux Server and are based on shell scripts, C/C++, Java, MySQL, and web applications (Apache/PHP); familiarity with these are a must. This position will include gathering requirements, developing test plans and test cases, and execution of those test cases adhering to the different phases of the SDLC. This position will frequently collaborate with system architects, developers, business analysts, and subject matter experts. All testing methodologies will follow industry best practices.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Capture application behaviors when developing test plans and test cases based on System Requirements Documents, Design Documents and working closely with development staff
- Prepare test data for testing
- Conduct functionality tests based on test plans and test cases
- Produce test reports based on test results
- Work to identify source/root cause of issues, document issues and causes in defect tracking system
- Collaborate with Developers to resolve issues
- Review documentation
- Release software and documentation to Operations group
- Develop and maintain expertise in one or more of the following healthcare standards: DICOM, HL7, XDS
- Develop and maintain expertise in one or more of the following test tools: 7Edit, DICOM Validation Tool, various 3rd party DICOM viewers, DCM4CHE tools
- Assist DCCA Support Team in resolving escalated customer issues
- 5+ years experience as Quality Assurance Engineer
- 2+ years of experience on UNIX/Linux
- 5+ years experience documenting requirements and application specifications is required
- Proficiency in shell scripting and database (MySQL preferred)
- General knowledge of QA practices and concepts (Unit, System, Regression, Performance testing)
- Experience with Agile Scrum (preferred) or Waterfall SDLC
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
- Good organizational skills and knowledge of the latest best practices and technologies are desired.
- Working knowledge of healthcare provider organizations and Clinical Systems, in particular imaging systems, PACS is desirable
- Knowledge of DICOM, HL7, REST, XDS, Web Services and IHE is desired
- Experience working with Global and virtual teams
Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 16 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...